Bay Area Birth Information offers a wide range of resources
to nurture expectant parents through the childbearing year.
ProvidersWhether during pregnancy, labor, or after the baby is born, the support of experienced perinatal caregivers can greatly improve your birth experience. BABI has a network of experts serving the San Jose, Peninsula and Greater Bay Area, including:
- Doulas: Birth & Postpartum
- Lactation Consultants
- Childbirth Education (Lamaze, Bradley, Birthing From Within)
- Prenatal and Postnatal Fitness: Yoga, Pilates, Baby Boot Camp
- Prenatal, Postpartum & Infant Massage
- Counseling, including: Anxiety surrounding childbirth and parenting, Post Partum Depression, and SOLACE for Mothers (Healing After Traumatic Childbirth)
Information"If you don't know your options, you don't have any."
Diane Korte and Roberta Scaer
Being informed about childbirth options, parenting tactics, breastfeeding challenges, and many other aspects of the parenting journey can give parents the confidence and power to navigate their path. BABI aims to provide parents with awareness of all their options.
EventsAs part of our mission to provide awareness of birth options, we host numerous events throughout the year. Meet the Doulas give families a place to learn more about birth and postpartum doulas, including the chance to meet with and interview doulas. Homebirth Lunch offers parents a venue to build community and explore the options of homebirth. Meet BABI happens annually, bringing providers and families together in an open house format and features demos, speakers and raffle prizes.