Volunteer with BABI and help bring awareness of evidence based care to our community!
From organizing an ongoing event like Ask the Experts to helping distribute Resource Guides, there are a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to fit the skills and availability of anyone who wants to help. We welcome all levels of involvement.
Here are descriptions of some areas where help is needed. Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Angela Jensen-Ramirez, if you have an idea or skill beyond those listed.
Deliver Resource Guides
Drop off Resource Guides to locations that cater to expectant families in an assigned area. Locations may include Babies R Us, doctor offices, yoga studios, libraries, etc.
Writing Articles for Website
Write article(s) for posting on the website about various birth, breastfeeding, or related topics. Could be suited for expectant families or providers. Example topics could include conference reports, benefits of prenatal yoga, comfort measures during labor, benefits of doulas, steps to help protect your breastfeeding supply, or herbs for postpartum moms.
Help support our membership chair and allow us to expand our membership support. Welcome and connect with new members and help identify and recruit prospective members.
Event Specific Tasks:
Meet BABI South Bay & PeninsulaTo volunteer for Meet BABI, contact our Meet BABI chairs:
Peninsula - email@example.com
- Planning Committee - Become part of the team that makes this great event happen!
- Event Setup & Cleanup
- Vendor Coordination & Registration - Work with vendors through the registration process and on the day of the event. Follow up with surveys.
- Concessions - Coordinate purchase or donation of food and drinks and coordinate staffing of the table on the day of the event.
- Greeter at Meet BABI - Sign up for a 2 hour block to help staff the greeter table at the event. Welcome attendees and orient them to what is being offered at the event (i.e., raffle, speakers, where to find bathrooms).
- Publicity - Range of tasks to help spread the word about the event. May be suitable for an individual or a committee. Distribute flyers, participate in a mailing party, post notices to email lists and facebook, coordinate with website chair.
- Activities & Speakers - Coordinate speakers and activities for the day. Includes setting the schedule, coordinating with speakers or providers, forwarding schedule to website and publicity teams, and making sure things run smoothly on the day of the event.